Thursday, August 5, 2010

And I was like

Kids in our cabin were doing a spice girl dance to "Stop Right Now".
To introduce it, a girl and I went on stage and acted as if we were getting married.
I put on a leather jacket in the August heat, painted my face with facial hair.
She wore a white veil and held fake plastic flowers.
I acted like a bad husband, and they interrupted our fake marriage with the dance.
"Stop right now, thank you very much, I need somebody with the human touch".

That night we were on night duty.
On night duty we sleep in the cabins down the hall from the kids just in case they need us.
I joked that it would be our honeymoon.
It could have been.

I call her Tay Tay, and she makes me smile every time I see her.
I think she's the sweetest girl in the world.
Straightest girl in the world,
But sweetest.

We talked for hours asking each other questions.
She is scared of death, I am scared of not accomplishing everything I need to.
Her ideal date was a picnic, mine was city wandering and photography.
Her favourite movie is Ten Things I Hate about You, mine was Waking Life.

We both disclosed our insecurities.
She told me I made her think of things differently.
She liked my thoughts.

I have never met a nicer more genuine person in my life.
I'm learning to play her favourite song on the guitar.
This might be a summer crush.

No comments:

Post a Comment