Thursday, February 11, 2010

Heart Day

Couples will walk along James Street North tomorrow night.
And I will wonder if I will ever be like that.
Like them.
Will someone ever
Love me?
Love me not?
Love me?
Love me not?
Love me?
I no longer pick the petals off daisies.
It's too cruel because there's never an answer that I like.
I pick over the thoughts in my mind and save the flowers.
I want someone to make cards for,
Heart shaped paper cut-outs,
Or something the shape of pineapples.
Fuzzy desires.

Myself, I wonder.
Will I ever get to that point?
Sip a cup of tea, and read a book instead.
Dream of lovers instead of having any.
Write versions of myself into romantic tales.

And think of you,
Wherever you are.
The you that I write into all of these songs, and have never met yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment