Monday, February 15, 2010

Not terrible



Yesterday was Valentines, and it wasn't as terrible as I thought. I wrote some notecards, and then had some coffee at Biker Tim Hortons. I watched all the boys watch all the 16 year old girls who were dressed up enough to be mistaken as hookers. See-through white dresses that were milimeters from being too short. Backless dresses and shirts. White and gold high heels. Some of them were at least three years younger than me if not more. Others were probably 5 years younger with men who were about my age or older. Things make you wonder why.

When I was walking I found a dirt smudged piece of pink cardstock that was plastered with heart stickers. Printed in big shaky writing was a name and some letters I couldn't recognize. It said Happy Valentines day on a square you know the teacher photocopied and cut up so that there would be something legible to read. If I have a Valentine next year I will give it to them and tell them the story of how I got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment