Tuesday, October 12, 2010

and the Pope got a D.U.I.

And the way that I met you through a note card, it's just another way my life feels like a myth at times. It fits in with the downtown escapades and that job I had when I was 16 years old researching mythological creatures for an old European man. It's funny how you told me you thought of me, even though we stopped thinking of each other after awhile. It's like the way that I talk to the ghost of my grandmother sometimes when I am walking home. It's like the way that I turned that girl into the monster of me, and made her a ghost and wouldn't return her emails after she moved away.

I like the way that we talk to each other about our lives. Every opening line is a poem, a phrase, a little bit of nonsense that we pedal back and forth because we are writers. For strangers, it's funny how strange we are to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment