Friday, October 15, 2010

"It would be weird for us straight girls, you know?"

I didn't know what to say when you said that today.

Then you said something else like, "Look at us straight girls talking about girls like that."

It's not that you'd care, it's just I thought you knew already. Y'know, the queer thing. Still, it would have taken no more than a sentence to say something, but I didn't.

Not that we still can't discuss feminism, eugenics and human rights like before, it was just weird to be included in those sentences. We talked about "othering", and how we had been othered, or othered people (intentionally or not), and I didn't want to other myself.

I felt invisible. I don't need to make a spectacle of myself, but I don't know yet where the middle ground lies for me. I know sexuality is just one part of you, and its important, but certainly not the most.

p.s. You're the queerest straight girl I know. Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment