Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Space for another

There's space for another pair of shoes, but rarely are they found at this time of night. Cigarette butts fill the cracks in the concrete, and new skin fills the cracks I have made on my body. Looking at it that way, there should never be another pair of shoes, especially at this time of night. Girls who rip skin like paper, what violence could they do to someone else? I devour people. I take a lot. I want to know everything. Life stories, what you had for breakfast, your uncle's retirement plans. Take everything, but can never give much more than words on a piece of paper, some drawings, a little art. Capable of cruel actions, intentions. I take me with me, I take me with me. Through every minute or drastic transformation of my body, through every relationship (even the one with my cat), through every trip, vacation, or study experience, I take me with me. Kinda makes you wonder, kinda makes you question, when you go to the beyond, do you take you with you too? Do you die with all the feelings you suffered with, all the feelings you enjoyed? All the women who were like me killed themselves, you know that? All the girls who are like me now, we are all so similar, so unstable, and so scared if things go right for a few days or weeks (because they have a habit of changing too suddenly back). Will we be like those women? I don't know. I would like to be able to say "no!" and move back into a productive life, one where no one is afraid of these things happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment