Friday, April 9, 2010

Becoming an identity?

"Why did you choose the subject matter?"

Please don't ask me again.

Next time someone does I'll say:

"To create a different kind of queer media through animation. I wanted it to be different from traditional media representations of queer identifying individuals."

or

"To get dates"

or

"To come out sort of without actually doing it"

or

"Um"


Overnight activist,

Becoming a feminist?

I'm uneasy about all of this.

Talking a lot about issues of

Representation

Identity

Gender

Sexuality


I'm no expert.

My animation is too

White

Story too

Basic.

It's very "Introducing queer people"

Instead of "Let's really discuss something"


Spectacle for straight people?

Boring for queer people?

Maybe.


"Same issues, nothing new here"

That's what the festival people might say.


What would Liss say?

What would Leah say?

What would Judith say?

What would Sadie say?

What would bell say?


I need to talk this over.

I keep showing people, and not talking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment