Sunday, April 4, 2010

A little break from you

You and her are all I have been thinking about.
Not in a creepy, sad sort of way, but in a
I can't believe I'm actually doing this and what are both of you going to think when you actually see it because I really can't believe that I'm doing this. What if someday down the road something comes in the mail-either to accept or reject, and its got something stamped on the envelope that mothers of girls who don't like to talk to their mothers will have to talk about, and this will result in an awkward, loud conversation over the phone.

Its also been thinking
I need to see you in real life.
This is the loneliest project in the world.
I see the same girl in the multimedia lab.
Me and her. I'm working. She's working.
I leave for twenty minutes, and she's still there when I get back.
She leaves for twenty minutes, and I'm still there when she gets back.
This is not collaboration. We are trapped in the same room with the same things keeping us there and not elsewhere.
We even have the same secret.
(We love working this hard because it makes us feel like we are doing something important)

I listened to Emma by Jane Austen after I couldn't listen to Regina Spektor.
I have exhausted my night singing, night walking alone.
I am tempted on the night that I finish
To rush to your houses at a ridiculous hour
And knock on your door, or sit on your stairs until Jeremy comes back
And force you to watch it while I am looking over your shoulder
Counting the keyframes.

No comments:

Post a Comment