Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dream 5 and 6

April 18, 2010
Dream 5: Video games
She steps out of a big black car carrying white plastic grocery bags. She is smiling at me and wearing blue jeans and a blue, red, and white checkered shirt.

Inside a house I have never been, we are sitting on a couch and talking.
She asks me if I play video games, and I say "sometimes".
She asks me if I played Zelda because it was her favourite game. I say I didn't, but I had owned a copy for the wii that my brother played. She seemed unimpressed, and I felt nervous.

Dream 6: Thin little girls
In my room there was a very skinny little girl. So skinny that she looked almost as thin as a real-life cartoon drawing. Twig-like arms and legs. She was maybe eleven years old, dancing around looking in my mirror wearing a pretty dress that gathered on her body. I went out of my room, and I saw her parents who were a youngerish couple in the kitchen.

The girl had given the mother and the father money to buy her a new dress. The mother had slightly shorter than shoulder length brown hair, and smiled as she counted out a little more than eleven dollars made up of a five dollar bill, a loonie, quarters, and nickels. They both remarked how responsible their daughter was for offering to pay for her own clothes.

I went back into my room, and the girl was sitting on my bed. There was bright yellow powder on my sheets, and on her leg. She was swallowing yellow powder right out of a plastic test tube, and downing water to drink with it. There were three other plastic tubes beside her with yellow powder in them and needle tops. The substance was meant to be mixed with water, then injected right into the arm or leg.

I was horrified at the sight of this little girl. In the dream I knew they were this weird new form of diet pills that was probably keeping her so skinny. I grabbed them, and grabbed the tube that was in her hand. She became hysterical, and started half sobbing, heaving in a manic way. She promised me things, tried pleading with me. The little girl pulled at my clothes and looked at me with large, terrified eyes.

I left the room, and heard her clawing at the door. I was going to her parents. I threw them down on the table, and woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment