Monday, May 24, 2010

Awkward Girl, grrrl and Girls

Awkward girl gets another chance.
Computer programmer penpal from Saskatchewan reminds me not to be shallow.
That I am awkward girl, and someday, someone might take a chance on me when they wouldn't want to.
I told him this was unlikely, but he said in kinder words I am awkward as fuck around most people. That its ok not to be the awkward one, but be more thoughtful because 90% of the time you're the one who is the least comfortable in social situations.
I am glad he is so logical because he keeps me sane.

Riot grrrl and grrrl movements have had me captivated for days.
I am trying to figure out what this means,
If I am grrrl enough.
Riot grrrl trumps anything post-fag that I've seen.
It's fuck you, fuck yea, fuck it, and I'm not going to shut the fuck up.
Radical, queer, feminist, activist, and to some extents anarchist.
Probably other things I've forgotten.
I'm going to hopefully be zine trading for some grrrl zines, so I'll see when they get here.

Girls wear short dresses, short shorts, and barely there t-shirts when its hot outside.
Tank tops, hats, and sunglasses.
Bright cotton shirts with witty sayings.
Converse shoes, red cherry patterned flip-flops, and birkenstocks
I'll take a summer of sunburn, bad tan lines, and dehydration if its anything like today when I came across two half-naked girls laying on beach towels suntanning just off the path where I was walking. Surrounded by trees, dirt paths, and feeling heat exhausted, I felt like I was in a midsummer's night dream.
Love this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment