Friday, May 28, 2010

Impressed the counsellor today. She thinks that I am really creative, and that making a lot of progress. Loved my zines.

Impressed the girl who was working on the website with me. She doesn't know what a good website really looks like, so a poorly made template excited her.

Had a good BBQ with my sister, and her friend, one of the most beautiful girls I have ever met. Asparagus, and red peppers and veggie burgers.

Then we went to the mall. Not a shopper. I wandered the store, and kept getting distracted by the token queer girl who worked there. I realized that in my awkward glancing, staring, and half wandering in her direction, that I did not look obviously queer. Mall closed, and I am almost certain I passed her girlfriend, or queer looking friend in the parking lot calling her. She said her name, and asked her why she had stayed so late.

I don't mind coupled people that I know. Girls who have girlfriends, boys who have boyfriends. I might think, "aw they are so cute together," etc. I am not jealous in that way. It's the strangers that get me. When I see two girls who are holding hands downtown, I am immediately drawn to them. I want what they have. The worst is when I go to a show. It's any show, any band, artist. Beside me, behind me, in front of me is the world's cutest girl couple. Lily Allen, Regina Spektor, Wintersleep, Ani Difranco, Tegan and Sara, Joanna Newsom. Some concerts they show their affection more obviously than others, but there they are. Every time. They are holding hands, whispering into each others ears, singing and mouthing the words together. This is their artist, something that they share together. I think about them as much as I think about who's playing.

I am getting a little sick of my queer self-discovery thing.

I read somewhere today that the book the Perks of Being a Wallflower is being made into a movie. I simultaneously love, fear, hate, and admire this story. I doubt the film will be as good.

Lately I've also been thinking about learning some serious code. Javascript, PHP, real CSS, Actionscript, or something. Pick one, and become really good at it. I love love love people who are really good at things like this.


She was the first computer programmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment