Wednesday, May 26, 2010

thoughts

hot.
tired.
sweaty.
lonely.

I want someone to need me again.
July and August are better for this.
Even running pottery at camp, I feel needed.

May and June
I am not used to the weather
Especially when it is like this.

I am reminded of the time when it was the hottest day of the year two years ago. I think it was Hamilton Pride. The bus was crammed full of people on a Saturday in June, and a pale, tall skinny woman with dark hair got off at the stop before the Freeway.

She got off the bus, started walking, and peeled off her shirt. It was as if it was the most natural thing that she had ever done-to walk down the street in a black bra and jeans. I was shocked by her confidence and wondered if I could ever do something as bold.

At least I have art.

No comments:

Post a Comment