Friday, May 21, 2010

On the back of my cellphone

Yesterday I was walking and thinking like I usually do. I carried my permanent marker in one hand, and my cellphone in the other. I have had this cellphone for four years. It is red, and the paint is rubbing off the back. It was a nice, hot day, and I was thinking about all the times I have dropped this phone on the floor. I often sleep with it under my pillow. Not because I am popular and waiting for text messages at all hours of the night, but I feel comforted knowing I can squeeze it and immediately know the time. I am obsessed with time a little more than most people are.

I am not the kind of girl who buys glitter, stickers, or glitter stickers of things that say "sexy" or are flower patterned unless its meant to be ironic. I write on things, I write things, I make signs and write on them.

There is not much space on the back of my phone. I thought there would be room to write something long. I debated what the meaning of a single word would be, like LOVE, HOPE, or FREEDOM. It might seem tacky.

I wrote the first thing that came to me:


It's inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment