Friday, May 7, 2010

Typical Friday Night

I want to go out and do something, but I don't know where I want to go, or who would go with me. Not that to go out you always need someone, but its Friday night, so people who go out usually go out with other people. My sister is going out. My brother is going out. My mom is sleeping and waiting for the electrician.


Tomorrow night I am going to see a play, so I shouldn't be so unhappy. It's just times like these I get jealous of other people who have a lot of people in their lives. I have people too I guess, but they are busy people, people who have a lot of other people, or people who live far away, like Texas. Maybe some of my friends are free tonight, and I could ask them to hang out, but most of them always have Friday plans.


Things I could do:


1. A nothingness combined of absent-minded television watching, internet surfing and letter writing.


2. Make the watercolour postcards I bought last art crawl


3. Clean my room


4. Take the bus to school to print off my prisoner letter, and then decorate the pages.


5. Take the bus to downtown and sit in Jackson Square or Grandad's place for a length of time.


6. Go for coffee somewhere else


7. Write something


Nevermind. I am stuck here by a mother who won't stop yelling. Wakes up screaming at me to clean my room. I could only go out if I lied about having someone to go out with. Funny how everyone who was already going out, is allowed to continue on with their plans. For me there is no one to let down by not showing up.


I am shocked at how quickly my mom's mood switches. On the phone my mother laughs and talks to the electrician's wife.

"Oh haha, how old is the baby? How old is he?"


I don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment