Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Be my curator

For John. A song I am writing about him that I started writing on the bus to school this morning. Chances are I'll write a song about everyone I know before the summer's through.
It's a consequence of knowing me.


Lyrics:
Will you be my curator
Take my life and make it art?
Drawings, stories, little books
We'll tack them on the walls at night

I'll let you read my letters
All the ones from him and her
You'll divide my life in categories
Before the exhibition show.

And on opening night, all our friends will go.
Our sisters will bring their little kids
They'll wonder what the big deal is

More than a thousand photos
Forty watercolours
A hundred old journals
Countless paper drawings

Please be my curator
I don't believe in no's.
I'll make you something every month
I'll stitch it up with quelque choses.

I'll look just like a genius
Autographing paper napkins
You'll write up my biography
We'll look real cute and classy

And we'll call the news
The whole street will come
We'll quotes ourselves in interviews
Then laugh about how old we sound

Sell silk-screened t-shirts
Cartoons of monsters
Chocolate chips cookies
Flower vintage drawings

Will you be my curator?
Take my life and make it art?
Drawings, stories, little books
We'll tack them on the walls at night.

I'll let you read my letters
All the ones from him and her
Our lives will become famous for one night
On James Street North real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment