Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sparrow dreams

Dream 1:
I chased Sparrow on three different busses. I followed her uptown and downtown and on my bus home. I wanted to know every book and movie and musician she loved. I wrote it down in my notebook. I wrote it down and memorized it. I woke up and thought wanted to be over her.

Dream 2:
Sparrow was Carly's girlfriend. And Carly doesn't even like girls. Girls just like her anyways. We were all going to this event for my grandmother's funeral. Like a ceremony of rememberance four years after the fact. Sparrow volunteered to make coffee and got people drinks. It was a hall of sorts with a bar, a bunch of chairs in the front. She sat down beside me and I wanted to tell her about my Aunt Nadine who had commented to me about her and said she looked like a boy who was going through military training. I started by saying, "You know my aunt the one who's going to open her own knitting store?"

She looked at me attentively and smiled in the way that she does. Carly sat down between us, and I stopped talking about my aunt. We moved to a different room afterwards. A small room with wooden floors and plastic chairs. I found Sparrow and sat down beside her. I continued and said, "My Aunt Nadine, she thought that you were a boy who was in the army that she knew." Aunt Nadine came into the door carrying a yellow bristol board she was going to make into a poster for the event. My cousin John said that he heard us all the way down the hallway talking about her.

It was humourous in the dream, and Sparrow laughed, my Aunt laughed, and I laughed. Everyone laughed, and I knew that she would like my family even though I was embarrassed of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment