Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday March 19, 2010

The time in-between my mom and some maggots 29/i365

Friday March 19, 2010 (I love my forearm)
I really like this quote from Ani Difranco's spoken word piece, My IQ. I think I've said that before, but I still like it. I find myself repeating things that I like more and more to people and to myself. My one friend told me this the other day. She said that I say things more than once, sometimes two, and three times.
It happens in the reverse where I have something I want to tell someone or two people, and I tell one person and I forget to tell the other. I feel like I have told them, and become surprised when they don't seem to know what I'm talking about. I do this with emails too. I feel like I'll have responded to emails I really haven't.

This isn't what I wanted to say at all. I forget what I wanted to say about this photo. I think I wanted to say that this is something I wear a lot. These jeans, this cardigan, and any shirt that is clean.

The Best Day of Being 20 So Far. Even better than my birthday. 39/365
Friday March 19, 2010
Today was a great day because I got to photograph someone other than myself, which always makes my day better. I was feeling kind of crummy this morning before I went to tutorial, but I received some of the nicest compliments today. They were all very meaningful and from different places. A strict professor, a new friend and an old friend, a friend's boyfriend, and a prisoner from Texas. I know I should feel good enough about myself not to rely on other people's opinions of myself, but I thought today would be the worst day. Expectations were subverted. I got mail today, and the mail I thought was lost in the post, made its way to where it was supposed to be.

John cooked me dinner. Since we're redoing our kitchen, and since I became a vegetarian earlier in the week, I have not had a proper meal that was more than soy nuts, peanut butter, and water. Sometimes eating the right thing is half the problem solved. We went to see An Education and wanted to be in Paris and have rich lovers who have peculiar day jobs.

And on the walk up my street I sang Regina Spektor into the night.
More John photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment